Seligman Private Equity Select LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) in the United Kingdom (Firm Reference Number: 229313). For further information on the FCA, please follow this link: http://www.fca.org.uk/
This website contains information about European Buy-Out Opportunities I Limited Partnership, European Buy-Out Opportunities II Limited Partnership, European Buy-Out Opportunities III Limited Partnership, European Secondary Opportunities I Limited Partnership and European Secondary Opportunities II Limited Partnership which are unregulated collective investment schemes (“unregulated schemes”) for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (“FSMA”). The website is exempt from the restriction on the promotion of unregulated schemes set out in Section 238 of FSMA on the grounds that it is communicated in the United Kingdom only to the following types of recipients:
(a) investment professionals (being persons who have professional experience in matters relating to unregulated collective investment schemes) in accordance with article 14 of the FSMA (Promotions of CIS)(Exemptions) Order 2001 (the "Promotion of CIS Order");
(b) persons falling within article 22(2)(a) to (d) ("high net worth companies, unincorporated associations, etc.") of the Promotion
of CIS Order as set out below:
• companies with called–up share capital or net assets of either (a) in the case of a company with more than 20 members or which is a subsidiary of a company with more than 20 members, not less than £500,000 or (b) in the case of any other body corporate, not less than £5 million.
• any unincorporated association or partnership which has net assets of not less than £5 million;
• the trustee of a trust in which the aggregate value of the cash and investments exceeds £10 million;
(c) certified high net worth individuals within the meaning of Article 21 of the Promotion of CIS Order (being an individual who has
signed a statement, within twelve months prior to the communication being made, to confirm that they satisfy at least one of the following
• have had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date of signature, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more;
• have held, during the financial year immediately preceding the date of signature, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. (Net assets for these purposes do not include a primary residence, rights under certain types of insurance contracts, or certain other benefits
(d) self-certified sophisticated investors within the meaning of Article 23A of the Promotion of CIS Order (being an individual who
has signed a statement, within twelve months prior to the communication being made, to confirm that they satisfy at least one of the
• the individual is a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and has been so for at least six months before the date of
• the individual has made more than one investment in an unlisted company within two years prior to the date of signature; or
• the individual is working, or has worked in the two years prior to the date of signature, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises; or
• the individual is currently, or has within the two years prior to the date of signature, been a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million;
(e) associations of high net worth individuals or sophisticated investors within the meaning of Article 24 of the Promotion of CIS Order
(being a membership association comprising wholly or predominantly of the following;
• certified high net worth individuals within the meaning of Article 21 of the CIS Order (see point (c) above; or
• high net worth persons falling within Article 22 (a) to (d), see point (b) above; or
• certified sophisticated investors within the meaning of Article 23A of the CIS Order (see point (d) above);
(f) recipients to whom communications relating to invitations or inducements to engage in investment activity may otherwise lawfully be made.
The units in the unregulated schemes are available only to the types of persons listed above. This website is not directed at any other person.
There are risks involved in investing in our funds, which are set out in the Information Memoranda. Please read this information carefully before making any investment decisions. In particular, please note that the value of investments can go down as well as up and you could potentially lose the total value of your investment.
The information contained on this site is published in good faith but no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by Seligman Private
Equity Select LLP as to its accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on as such. No information on this site constitutes investment or any
other advice. Seligman Private Equity Select LLP acts for the funds we manage and not for any other party. If you are in any doubt about the units to
which this communication relates you should consult an authorised person specialising in advising in participation in unregulated schemes.
Please note that as an investor, you may not be able to make a claim under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (“FSCS”). Only investors who fall under the definition of an ‘eligible claimant’ can potentially benefit from the FSCS. Further information into the definition of ‘eligible claimant’ and the extent of cover, is available on the FSCS website. To see this, please follow this link: http://www.fscs.org.uk/